Baby Boomers . . . "I've Got a Secret!"
- Baby Boomers redefined traditional values and grew up ready to take on the world!
- Music changed to a new beat with great musicians the likes of Richie Havens, Santana, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix. And who could forget the most popular music event in history…Woodstock!
- "To Tell the Truth", Today's Baby Boomers range between 54 and 72 and it is believed that today 1 in 5 American Baby Boomers will be older than 65.
- Baby Boomers are again redefining traditional stereotypes. This time, retirement is in their crosshairs…and Sarasota County is the Bulls-eye.
- Award winning beaches | Venice Beach is known as the Shark Tooth Capital of the world. Siesta Key is consistently rated the best Beach in the country.
Baby Boomers* redefined traditional values and grew up ready to take on the world!
Women advocated for their rights. People dated at the soda fountain, frequented drive-in movies and moved to the suburbs. Credit Cards and Charge Accounts helped to purchase televisions, hi-fi systems and new cars.
‘Boomers’ started crazes like poodle skirts and hula hoops and couldn’t get enough 45 rpm rock n roll records; watched Mickey Mouse Club, The Jetsons and I Dream of Jeannie.
Rockin’ to Dick Clark's American Bandstand, twistin’ with Chubby Checker and swingin’ their hips impersonating “the King” Elvis Presley, parents thought they saw it all until the Boomers started screaming for the long-haired Beatles and Rolling Stones, as they changed music to a whole new beat!
Boomers fought for social economic and political equality. Justice for all! Student organized demonstrations at college campuses and parks against the war in Vietnam. Hipsters begat Hippies, whose unconventional ways included long hair, experimentation with drugs, and “free love”.
Music changed to a new beat with great musicians the likes of Richie Havens, Santana, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix. And, who could forget the most popular music event in history. . . Woodstock!
That was a fun little whimsical walk down memory lane.
“To Tell the Truth”, Today's Baby Boomers range between 54 and 72 and it is believed that today 1 in 5 American Baby Boomers will be older than 65.
However, many Baby Boomers are again redefining traditional stereotypes. This time, retirement is in their cross-hairs…and Sarasota County is the Bulls-eye.
Today Boomers have also discovered the power of the internet. Social media and the ease of website development has rekindled an entrepreneurial spirit that further redefines conventional retirement thinking.
Boomers defy aging and rekindled an entrepreneurial spirit
Cue the Jeopardy theme music
Lets have a question to this answer…"Sarasota and Venice Florida".
If you are US News and World Report, or Forbes, your ‘question’ would be “Where is the best place to retire in the United States, Alex?”
Another acceptable question could be “Where would be the very best place for active seniors of today who defy aging, say good-bye to their once “traditional” career lives and once again redefine the traditional retirements as they pursue and enjoy the challenges of active sports, working out, cultural arts and develop entrepreneurial careers as their new life styles begin ...Alex?"
Here’s where “I’ve Got a Secret” comes in. . .that secret is a place with:
- Warm temperatures all year round
- Thriving cultural and arts scene
- The Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- Venice Performing Arts Center
- Venice Symphony
- Ringling College of Art and Design
• Venice Theatre (one of the largest community theatres in the United States)
• Ringling Museum
• Golf (LPGA holds their qualifying rounds here)
• Tennis (IMG Bollettieri Academy is right up the road)
• Deep water charter fishing,
• Scuba diving
• Pickle Ball
Miles of award winning beaches to relax and rejuvenate (Venice Beach is known as the Shark Tooth Capital of the world). The world famous Sidewalk Chalk Festival (an annual event with artists from all over the world to participate.
Kurt Wenner's 3-D Anthropomorphic Megalodon Shark a 2014 Guinness World Record
These are just some of the reason even celebrities have come to know this is the place. . . Stephen King, Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Martina Navratilova, to start the list.
Enticing? You betcha! Come to Sarasota County and become "Bewitched"! And, we haven’t even touched upon the fabulous restaurants with mouthwatering menus and fine wines.
U.S.News & World Report’s the 2018 Best Places to Retire. These ranking should help narrow the choices of where would be the best place to live in a Boomer style “retirement”.
This report shows the Secret place is Sarasota Florida, located on the west coast of Florida just south of Tampa Bay, as the number one place to retire. This should help any Boomer in deciding the possibilities of this area. This place lends itself to Boomers to explore their interest, adjust to a new “retirement lifestyle” (do Baby Boomers really retire?), celebrate newly found freedom from traditional work and discover a Baby Boomer’s new self.
Baby Boomers, this is the time, this is the place. . . you will soon be saying these are "The Days of Our Lives"!
If “the Price is Right” . . . “Let’s Make a Deal”!
*demographers typically use this term for those starting at birth years which range from the mid 1946 through 1964